Saturday, September 19, 2009

Homemade Pasta

I don't have a fancy recipe to share... more of a food experience. Sarah gave me a pasta maker for my birthday. Yesterday, I tried it out for the first time.

I mixed 2 cups of flour and 3 eggs in her Kitchenaid mixer to make pasta dough, then rolled and cut the pasta with the pasta maker to make fettucine. It turned out great. It reminded me of the homemade pasta we used to get at the Brick Oven in Provo. The kids loved it too. The only shortcoming is that we didn't have homemade sauce. I'll get to that once I have some home grown tomatoes, once I have a garden...

2 comments:

Lucile Eastman said...

Do you have a pasta making attachment for the Kitchenaid? I'm just wondering if they work, or not.

Alex said...

No. Just a hand-crank one from Williams Sonoma. I wanted a hand-crank one so the kids could help.