Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Green Salsa

Many of you already have this. For those that do not, enjoy.

Ingredients:

1 pound tomatillos
1 jalapeno/2 serano
2 small garlic cloves
2 T chopped white onion
10 fresh cilantro sprigs
1 medium hass avocado
salt to taste

Cut everything up and add it all to the blender. I usually add the tomatillos first then everything else. Also, you may be tempted at first to add water when it looks like things aren't getting blended. Resist the temptation. Just let the blender work and all will be well. The original recipe says the avocado is optional, but I would say it's a must. You can also play with the peppers to vary the spiciness. Alex just made it with half an habanero and said it had a hint of spice. Didn't mention the flavor. When I first started making I used jalapenos, but now I prefer the seranos. Salt is key in this as well, so don't be afraid of it.

No comments: