Thursday, August 26, 2010

Stinky Peach Burger

I had about 15 minutes to make a quick dinner tonight before McKenzie's soccer practice, so I made a quick variation on Hebe's Stinky Cheeseburger recipe.

I took a turkey burger patty and stuffed some Shropshire Blue cheese into it. (In case you're not familiar with Shropshire Blue, I included a picture. I can sometimes find it at Whole Foods.) I threw that on the grill and dashed on some Texas Pete hot sauce (very much like Frank's Red Hot). I didn't have time to make full-fledged buffalo sauce. While the burger grilled, I toasted my hamburger bun on the grill.

I put some spicy brown mustard on the bottom bun and topped the burger with a fresh sliced peach. (We got a bushel of fresh picked South Carolina peaches last week.) That was it.

The burger was awesome. Multiple flavors blended nicely: the spice of the Texas Pete and mustard, the tang of the cheese, and the sweet of the peach. I will definitely do it again... every year when the peaches are in season.

No comments: