Friday, April 16, 2010

Carley's Spaghetti

Just as a note, I don't measure most of what I put in here. So start with the measurements I have listed and add more or less to your tastes. The two most important flavors are the brown sugar and the red wine vinegar.

1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
1 onion - chopped
2-14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes
2 small cans of mushrooms (I've made will less or none - Hebe doesn't like them)
1-15 oz can tomato sauce
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C red wine vinegar
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
2 bay leaves

First, brown your hamburger in a pan with the chopped onion. Brown the meat until it's cooked through and onions are clear-ish. (At this point I take the meat and onions out of the pan an blot with a paper towel to get the excess grease off - you decide)
Next, just dump it all in and mix it around. Play with the flavors a little. Sometimes I add a little salt and more basil and oregano. Like I said you want it a little sweet and a little tangy.

There really isn't a rhyme or reason to this recipe. It's a sort of use what you have and make it taste like you like. It would also be good to use Heather's spaghetti pie recipe with...

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

This sounds like some great spaghetti! Love that you made it with turkey.