Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Habanero BBQ Sauce

To go with our ribs, I made a BBQ sauce from a recipe I found here. I changed the recipe a bit. For one thing, I cut the number of habaneros. The sauce wasn't too spicy, except that it had too much black pepper. Here's what I would suggest, with less black pepper. Apparently, this sauce will keep for a while.

  • 4 habanero peppers, seeded and chopped
  • 1 (15.5 ounce) can sliced peaches in heavy syrup (I used half a Mason jar of Sarah's bottled peaches)
  • ½ cup dark molasses
  • ½ cup yellow mustard
  • ½ cup light brown sugar
  • ½ cup apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • 2 tablespoons paprika
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
  • ½ teaspoon ground coriander
  • ½ teaspoon ground ginger
  • ½ teaspoon ground allspice

Place the peppers, peaches, molasses, mustard, brown sugar, and vinegar into a blender. Measure in the salt, paprika, pepper, cumin, coriander, ginger and allspice. Blend until liquefied. Refrigerate overnight before using.

No comments: